Thursday, July 1, 2010

THE LAST AIRBENDER [ disappointed in this movie]


The above verbs are understatements of what I’m feeling right now. Let’s rewind one year ago when I being a 18 year old loud mouth, cartoon watching YOUNG lady , heard the exciting news that one of my favorite cartoons EVER [ I’m a kid at heart ] was being made into a movie. I was ecstatic , overjoyed, and stoked as hell. Fast forward to today when I watched the movie.. I . AM . SPEECHLESS. Not because of how amazingly great the movie was but at how extremely AWFUL the movie was. As a fan of the tv series I was extremely disappointed in the movie. First of all, who the hell is ONG …. I’m sorry, last time I checked The Air Nomad Avatar’s name was AANG [ pronounce A-N-G ] not [ ON-G ] . Secondly, Katara’s brother , who is the comical character in the series was anything BUT funny. WHY SO SERIOUS. But that’s not even HALF the problem. PRONUNCIATION seems to be the retarding weight of idiocracy here.. Saka is pronounced [SOCK-A ] not [ SOO-KA ] WONG TONG FONG . M. Night Shalamaladingdong you practically ate my avatar loving heart.. And that is NOT a good thing. The special effects were AIIGHT. I’m no tech wizard so I have no say in the pizazz of such visions but man. I’m just BLAH’D out by it. I’m now going to turn to Nicktoons and watch the REAL Avatar: The Last Airbender. The funny, cute, adorable Aang, the funny , cute , adorable Apa and Momo. Irritating Katara, HILARIOUS Saka and tough as nails Toff =)

P.S Apa looked like a hairy flying pitbull

Nothing CLOSE to what a FLYING BISON is supposed to look like..

YIP YIP 8!TC#

No comments:

Post a Comment