Saturday, October 23, 2010

For the love of reading


I have an obsession with reading. I find myself lost in the midst of endless shelves filled with books at libraries and book stores. I can't pass a store bookshelf without looking through the books and see if any of them catch my interest. The cause of all this hooplah. Jane Austen, one of the most beloved writers in English literature. Pride and Prejudice became my favorite early on in my teen years, but not enough for me to read Austens other work. Then my sister ( bless her lazy soul ) comes home with Emma. I read it and then next thing I know I'm online looking for ebooks for Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey. I love them, each book in their own special has a place in my heart. Persuasion has to be my favorite book by Jane Austen. Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworths love story is heart wrenching and beautiful. His letter of love to her would make any girl swoon. I can quote it word for word. That's how obsessed I am with it :) lol. Classic literature has become my favorites. Elizabeth Gaskell, The Bronte sisters, Thomas Hardy, just to name a few , have become my friends. I'm pretty sure my English teacher is proud of me. lol. I can just hear Mr.Bacani , " Finally, she reads on her own! and not books that have been made into movies ! " Lol. True Dat !




Where can I find a Mr.Darcy ? lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment